Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Coo Coo Ca-Choo Dress


Here's The Coo Coo Ca-Choo Dress, and don't you try and hand me some tissues! Those are trains! Trains I tell you!



See! Trains traveling through a desert landscape. There's also cute purple bulls, lavender boulders, and mint green cactus.


This is my Dolly Clackett #4, as you probably guessed by the fancy shoes. Shoes that don't work so well with chasing kids, dogs, and other such things, but are sure fun to put on for dress photos.


I found this fabric on eBay and fell in love at first sight. I can't explain why because this isn't my usual color scheme or what I usually go crazy for? Sometimes you just can't explain love, now can you?


The fabric says The Alexander Henry Collection and I'm guessing it's from the 80's because of the other fabric listed with it. 


You see the pretty top stitching?


This pattern is the one I used for all my Dolly Clackett entries so far. It's my good ol' standby, Simplicity 3929, which is a lot like Simplicity 2444, without the sleeves, and a bit like Christine Haynes Emery (with out the sleeves); all Roisin favs. (I have to keep telling myself this so I don't pull out my pocket book!)
   Before I found Roisin's blog, I thought I was alone in the "over and over again" pattern habit. I thought I was in a rut and should really look to new patterns, but had so much fun making this one. I didn't want to sew anything else. Every piece of fabric I saw I'd envisioned as Simplicity 2444 dresses. Some patterns are like comfort food, I suppose. Something you come back to time and time again.


After saying that... ... ... I'll be using a new pattern for my final Dolly Clackett. I figure I can squeeze one more in before the deadline. Hopefully it will be a "grand finale" dress!




No comments:

Post a Comment