Saturday, April 26, 2014

My New Safire Cardigan

When I found the fabric for this dress, I snagged up some yarn for a cardi. The yarn is a very nice, vintage, acrylic blend I found at the thrift store.

The pattern is a very nice, free number called Safire.

The pattern was pretty simple and straight forward. The only real change I made was shortening it, (since I'm vertically challenged), and it all worked out fantastic with the limited amount of yarn I had.

The only thing I ended up not loving about the whole project was the buttons. I picked out some vintage ones from my stash but don't really like how they ended up working out. I might change them out down the road. Otherwise, a cute little cardi that I'll for sure be making more of in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment