Saturday, June 15, 2013

Orange Summer Dress: Diplomat Style


I'd like to share my new dress. I used Simplicity 0284, the Diplomat Dress.



Over all, a fun and simple pattern. I love patterns like this! Patterns that are easy enough to fancy'en them up with a little this and that. It's satisfying to take something simple and take your time, at least for me.


I found the fabric at JoAnn's on the discount rack. I underlined it with a red cotton twin bed sheet, (didn't take the whole sheet), and finished the seams in a similar way to sewing on facings. It's nice and neat with the finished seems but took a lot longer than I was expecting. I love the topstitching though and I think it gives the dress a fancier jive.

I look forward to making more dresses from this pattern with bright fun prints. Just perfect for summer.

Are you sewing anything fun for the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment