Thursday, August 30, 2012

Bed Sheet Dresses: Inspecting Your Sheet

I guess this applies to all vintage or used fabric, the whole inspection before making regimen. 


Above I have some photos of a bed sheet I picked up at the thrift store. As you can see it has some pin sized holes and some tearing. I always check things over at the store but totally missed this. Glad I do a more thorough look-over at home. Sure wouldn't be fun to cut out my pieces only to find the fabric damaged.

When I bring home thrift store sheets I have a routine: Wash, iron (checking over the whole sheet carefully), then mark any damaged spots with a scrap of paper, (as you see in photo 2). I loosely set out my pattern pieces, giving you an idea how nicely the damaged parts show up.

Hope this was of some help. I just started this bed sheet dress today and can't wait to show you when it's done.

Later Dudes and Dudettes ;}

No comments:

Post a Comment