Friday, July 13, 2012

Owl Mystery: Who is this Carving Artist?

     Yesterday I spoke of the mystery involved in why we collect. Today, I have another mystery: WHO IS THIS ARTIST?


     If you recognize the carving artist or have a guess, please tell me! These owls are some of my favorites. I absolutely love them and would like to find more by this artist. On the bottom there is a carved name but it is hard to make out and when I tried researching it I came up empty handed. The name looks like Trschler to me. What do you think?


I was lucky enough to spot them both on eBay. The large one first, the small one a year later. Incorporating the natural elements in the wood is amazing, the startling gaze of the large one, humorous. These guys have some serious personality! I could go on for-ever but I'll save you the drama. ;)

On with the pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment