Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Owly

What are you reading? Personally, I have a omnivor-istic, (read everything), reading appetite. All books are yummy in my opinion, containing their own flavors and textures.

Lately, I've been reading Owly with my preschool son. They are great beginner books and he loves them. They basically have no words and are illustrated in a comic book format with simple storytelling pictures. I have a soft spot for owls so when I saw this series at the Emerald City Comicon further investigation was needed.

I was surprised at all the benefits for youngsters with a book like this, and was equally surprised at how interactive reading a wordless book could be. My son jumped right in, reading the story to me, completely involved in Owly's emotional journey. A great way to connect kids to the pleasures of reading and help create that warm and fuzzy reading bond. Who said comic books rot your brain?

If you would like to read more about Owly, or read some FREE Owly comics click here.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment