Wednesday, June 27, 2012

DIY Card Holder



I found this little ditty at the thrift store, (the purse not the shovel) in the first photo, and it didn't have a cardholder, (you know a place to put debit cards, library card, etc). So... the next logical thought... I'll make one. Very logical huh. The second photo is what it looked like when I was done.

If you're interested, this is how I made it.
First, I made some basic measurements, making sure it fit in the purse the way I wanted it to and the card slots were big enough. Then, on to the sewing machine. I also added some yellow binding lace as you can see.
Next, I cut a old plastic binder divider for some extra rigidness, and placed it between the fabric I sewed the card slots to, (the jean material), and the back, (the superhero fabric).

Lastly, I sewed the binding lace around the whole thing to finish it off.

It ended up working out pretty good and wasn't an overcomplicated project. Maybe that new or old purse of yours is needing a little sprucing?

No comments:

Post a Comment