Friday, May 24, 2013

A New Bedsheet Dress

I'd like to share with you my new dress.


It's a bed-sheet dress made by me. I used a whole twin flat sheet and an extra bit of red sheet I had left over for the underlining in the back of the bodice. I love the way it turned out! All floaty but comfy, bright but subdued.



I used two different patterns, the skirt from Simplicity 2426, and the bodice from Simplicity 3929.


I love the glamorous retro feel of these two patterns, added with the durability of the cotton/poly sheet. I can feel fancy but not fret in a lifestyle filled with kids and dogs.


So much fun to sew your own stuff. I love messing around with recycled fabric and thrifty ideas. Makes everything more satisfying. Makes learning a new hobby a lot more relaxing.


Have you sewn anything with recycled fabric before? If so what?

1 comment:

  1. You are a superb writer, very well written and quite easy to understand!
    RetailEscaper

    ReplyDelete